Thursday 11 September 2014

BUTTON DOWN SKIRT

Hurrah, another sewing project! And this time, I made a skirt based on this tutorial from Tilly and the Buttons (which, by the way, is an awesome sewing blog, if you didn't already know about it!). I have a navy skirt similar to this one already, which has been a favorite for very many years (I actually wore it to mine and Graeme's first date eons ago, and I still love it! Ha!), so as soon as I saw Tilly's tutorial I knew I wanted to try making it.


I used a lovely cotton tartan (which gave me a bit of Scotland homesickness), and added black buttons down the front. It was my first time making a gathered skirt, making pockets and doing button holes, so I'm pretty impressed the buttons lined up with the holes. Which I had to do by hand by the way, as my very basic sewing machine doesn't do button holes. Plus, pocket no. 2 is way neater than pocket no. 1 haha. So I'm getting better, right? My novice sewing skills show a bit, but overall I'm really happy with the result, and I already want to make another one. Can't wait to wear this one as much as I've worn my navy one over the years!


2 comments: