Saturday 17 September 2016

OSCAR'S BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS

I finally sent out Oscar's birth announcements/thank you cards! Like everything these days, they took me way longer to finish than I had hoped for, but alas, they are finally done. And look how tiny he is! He's actually less than a day old in this photo. Graeme took a bunch in the hospital hotel room while I was away on an informational meeting for first time mothers about breast feeding. I'm so, so happy he did this. I love that we have these pictures of this ridiculously tiny, brand new Oscar. In fact, I ended up printing out a couple of these photos and framing them.

I made these using Photoshop and Illustrator, and then printed them at home on my Canon iP8750. I actually got Graeme to make me some icons in Illustrator to show the time of birth, the date, and his weight and length, but then ended up abandoning them all together in favor of just text. And I ended up making two versions too, one in Norwegian and one in English with pounds rather than grams. (Can anyone explain to me why Brits have to use both metric and imperial measurements?)


To be honest, I'm not 100% happy with how they printed. The white text doesn't pop as much as the digital version, and the printed images turned out a bit grainy. I don't usually have this problem when I'm printing photos, so I'm guessing my printer just works better on photo paper rather than card stock. But as I was printing double sided, photo paper wasn't really an option. Maybe next time I make something like this I'll get it printed professionally?

No comments:

Post a Comment